Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Number One Fan

I actually, finally, talked my biggest fan into letting me photograph her. 
She is an amazing individual, who like many others think a photograph is about how much volume their hair has, if their makeup is smeared or argue to no lengths, in saying they are not in any shape or form, photogenic.
Some may even go to the lengths of saying they are too aged for a good photograph of themselves. 
Ladies and Gentlemen, Let me introduce to you my biggest fan. 

She is my mother. 
Now, you won't believe this, but there was some kicking and screaming before this was taken. LOL okay maybe I'm just exaggerating a bit. But she REALLY didn't want me to photograph her. 
I couldn't WAIT to photograph her. Mainly to show her that beauty doesn't always come from the outside, but the inside. 

A lot of you may be able to relate a relative to this story, but looking through old dusty photo boxes of my childhood, there were hardly any images of my mother. The older I got, the more I realized those things were important to me. She hated being in front of the lens and would argue over and over again that she didn't like her photo taken.

Today I am posting this picture to show her how beautiful she really is. That the face really only projects the person you are inside. I think her heart glows and I'm posting this portrait in order for her to see for herself how amazing she really is. 

This is exactly my vision of my mother in my mind, my heart and my soul. Happy, independent, and healthy. 
I hope she can see what I see. That I will cherish, and carry the image of her smile with me where ever I may go. 

I also wanted to thank her for being my biggest fan. She bought me my first 35mm camera when I was 5 years old. My first digital camera when I was in Junior High. I could have killed her when she bought me a camera for my 16th birthday, instead of a car. But Today, I can only thank her for pushing me and supporting me every step towards my dream. 

She could see it was my dream. It took me 26 years to see it. But today I am closer than ever. 



Contact Nicole | Facebook | Twitter | Home



2 comments:

  1. i love it. moms are amazing people

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, all I can say is that you are an amazing person, amazing photographer and an amazing daughter. You inspire me every day with your energy, your view on life and your love. I am soooo, so proud of you.
    Thank you for making my day and my life.
    And yes, you made me cry! (Dangit!)

    ReplyDelete